You will learn
YinYasa is a style of yoga that always starts with 4 to 5 yin postures to open the doors of the body before getting into Yang asana (VinYasa) practice. This training is a complete and progressive learning experience that will deepen your knowledge and build a solid foundation to become a confident yoga teacher.
- Pranayama and Meditation techniques
- Introduction to asana and creative sequencing
- Understand of yin yoga postures
- Verbal and hands on adjustments
- Proper Modifications for injuries
- Teaching Methodology
- Applied functional Anatomy and Physiology
- History and Philosophy of Yoga
- Introduction to the Yoga Sutras
- Introduction to Sanskrit and Mantras
- Energetics and connections through the practice
- Acro Yoga and yoga massage
- Optimally aligned asanas, key actions and refinements to make complex postures safe and accessible
- Ethics of a yogi lifestyle
- Teaching skillful asana technique, proper alignment, and the benefits of each pose
- How to artistically create inspirational classes with innovative sequencing that fulfill all levels
- Creating classes which are light, yet powerful journeys, infused with yogic philosophy and your unique heart’s message
- How to still your mind, access your power and tap into your innate wisdom
- How to communicate clearly and confidently in a group setting
- How to hold space during your yoga classes
- How to discover your voice, share your hearts message and speak your truth!
- How to create a website, take intriguing yoga photos and develop content
- How to create a successful yoga business and how to approach yoga studios for teaching jobs
- Business of Yoga
- Living a yogic life on and off the mat. Live what you teach!
Please note 100% attendance is required in order to get certified.
In preparation for the training bellow are two books that we would like you to read. Both can be purchased online.
- Yoga Sutra of Patanjali: translated and introduced by Alistair Shearer
Optional but highly recommended:
- The Bhagavad Gita: translation by Stephen Mitchell
This program fosters the growth of both the student and teacher within each, providing the confidence, knowledge and enthusiasm to share your passion for the practice in a profound manner that can elevate and transform people’s lives. You will be prepared to develop safe and sensible yoga classes for all levels, learning to accurately observe students’ bodies to assist in words, basic hands-on adjustments and modifications. Learn key words and movements to make your students feel empowered and discover how to guide them into a deep relaxing Savasana!
All we ask is that you have the courage to break through the limiting beliefs that hold you back. Open your heart and mind and turn that spark of desire into a flame of passion as you uncover the skills that make you an exceptional yoga teacher. This program will give you the confidence, knowledge and enthusiasm you desire to go out and share the practice with others, significantly transforming and impacting their lives, like it has yours. Where intention, attention and action align to create the reality that is your true potential, we believe there is nothing you cannot overcome!
Full completion (200 hours of attendance, finished assignments, passed practicum yoga class) of the course will be provided with a 200-hour yoga certification as a RYT - Yoga Teacher. This teacher training is open to all levels of students who wish to deepen their own yoga practice, share yoga informally with family and friends or develop a career as a teacher.
We hope to see you soon!
EXAMPLE OF DAILY SCHEDULE*
6:00 - 7:00 ~ Light Breakfast, smoothie, coffee & tea
7:00 - 7:30 ~ yin yoga routine
7:30 - 8:30 ~ Krya, Pranayama, Meditation
8:45 - 10:45 ~ Practice
10:45 - 12:30pm ~ Brunch & break
12:30 - 2:30pm ~ Lecture philosophy
2:30 - 3pm ~ Break
3 - 5pm ~ Asana lab and teaching methodology, practice teaching
5 - 6:30pm ~ Sequencing, practice what you teach
6:45 - 8:15pm ~ DINNER BREAK
8:30 - 9:30pm ~ Restorative/yin/mantra/mediation Practice
You’ll have one full day off, once per week to process, absorb and meditate on the information being given.
*Subject to change